April is National Distracted Driving Awareness month. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is currently promoting their annual “U Drive. U Text. U Pay.,” campaign in an attempt to bring awareness to the causes of automobile accidents. The main focus of this campaign is to educate drivers of the dangers of texting and driving. Basically, if a person is texting they are not driving. Drivers are unable to multitask texting and driving. The focus is on the idea that “If you’re texting, you’re not driving.“
Continue to read and learn about common facts pertaining to the causes of automobile accidents.
We have recovered millions on behalf of accident injury victims.
Automobile Accidents | Facts
- In 2014, 3,179 people were killed and 431,000 were injured in automobile accidents involving distracted drivers.
- 46 states have banned drivers from text messaging.
- Sending or receiving a text message takes a driver’s eyes off the roads for 4.6 seconds on average.
- 10% of all distracted drivers crashes involve drivers under the age of 20.
- At any given hour in America, approximately 600,000 drivers use cell phones or manipulate electronic devices while driving.
- Distracted driving includes texting and talking on the phone, drinking or eating while driving, constantly adjusting the radio, and putting on makeup.
Automobile Accident | Distracted Driver
If a distracted driver hits your vehicle, and you feel that you are injured, seek immediate medical care. Also:
- Take photos of the accident scene;
- Obtain the driver’s contact and insurance information; and
- Seek out witnesses and ask them for their phone number.
Ordaz Law, APC | Automobile Accidents
Juan J. Ordaz Jr. provides candid, hardworking and personal legal representation to individuals seeking a personal injury lawyer in San Diego. We help victims suffering from a variety of injuries, who have sustained their injuries through different types of automobile accidents including the following:
- Car Accidents / Automobile Accidents;
- Trucking Accidents;
- Motorcycle Accidents;
- Bicycle Accidents; and
- Pedestrian Accidents.
Call (619) 550-3617 today so that we may schedule your free and discreet consultation with a premier San Diego car accident lawyer.
We are for Justice no Matter Who it’s for or Against.
Blog: Personal Injury
Blog: Car Accidents