Even for the most experienced driver, driving on a busy roadway can increase the odds of a person being involved in an auto accident. Though you may believe you are a cautious driver, taking your eyes of the road for less than 3-seconds can have severe consequences. With more and more people using social media while driving, then instances when people take their eyes off the road while driving are increasing.
Continue to read and learn more about Safety Tips that will reduce your chances of being involved and injured in an auto accident.
We have recovered millions on behalf of accident injury victims.
Auto Accident | Safe Driving Tips
The following are some tips on how to reduce your chances of being involved in an auto accident:
- Avoid Distracted Driving: Do not text or talk on the phone while driving. Roadway conditions can change instantly. Texting or talking while driving can impact your response time. On average, sending or receiving a text message takes a driver’s eyes off the road for 4.6 seconds. In 2014, 3,179 people were killed and 431,000 were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers. Unless you are calling the police for help, there is no reason to text or talk while driving.
- Don’t Drive in Diminished Road Conditions: Reduce driving during a severe storm or at night when visibility is low. It is more difficult to see under both conditions. Most driver’s reaction time are low at night or during a storm due to visibility.
- Check Your Blind Spots: Always check your blind spots when changing lanes. Look over your shoulder to view adjacent lanes. This will help identify motorcycle drivers and small vehicles.
- Avoid Tailgating: Make sure there is enough distance between your car and the one in front of you. This will help prevent a rear-end crash in the event of a sudden stop.
- Upkeep Car Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance checks on your car. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended car maintenance schedule.
- Avoid Dangerous Drivers: If you observe a dangerous driver, avoid him/her at all costs. Pull over or exit the roadway to let the driver pass you. Call the police if the driver poses a threat to other drivers.
By being a safe driver, you can reduce your chances of being involved in an auto accident. Taking a defensive driving course can also help you reduce the chance of being involved in an accident. I invite you to contact my law office to discuss any recent car accident you have been in. You may be able to file an injury lawsuit against the at-fault party for pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost wages. Do not delay in filing a claim. Doing so can jeopardize the amount of compensation you may receive.
Ordaz Law, APC | Auto Accident
Juan J. Ordaz Jr. provides candid, hardworking and personal legal representation to individuals seeking a personal injury lawyer in San Diego County. We help victims suffering from a variety of injuries, who have sustained their injuries through different types of injury producing events. We believe that it is a necessity to represent people who have sustained traumatic and debilitating injuries, and suffered ultimate losses.
Call (619) 550-3617 today so that we may schedule your free and discreet consultation with a premier San Diego auto accident lawyer.
We are for Justice no Matter Who it’s for or Against.
Blog: Personal Injury
Blog: Car Accidents