We offer free home consultations to your Chula Vista home.
- Continue to read and learn about a car accident, personal injury claim.
We have recovered millions on behalf of accident injury victims.
Chula Vista Car Accident | Insurance Claim
There are two types of auto insurance claims you can file if you were injured in a Chula Vista car accident; a first-party claim or a third-party claim.
A third-party claim is filed with the insurance company of the alleged wrongful driver. Anytime you file an insurance claim against the person that crashed into you, then you are filing a third-party claim.
Example Scenario 1: Claudia and Jose are driving to Chula Vista to visit family and friends over the 4th of July weekend. Claudia is driving her new BMW 3 Series while Jose is her front seat passenger. Claudia is rear-ended by Peter, a negligent driver. Both Claudia and Jose suffer bodily injuries as a result of the crash. Jose can file a claim with Peter’s car insurance for damages to cover his injuries along with his medical expenses and lost wages. This is called a third-party claim.
Example Scenario 2: Jimmy works for UPS in Chula Vista. While out delivering packages to customers, his truck is hit by a negligent driver. Jimmy suffers a broken arm and low back pain as a result of the crash. Jimmy can file a workers’ compensation claim (under a first party claim) and can also sue the negligent driver under a third-party lawsuit.
5-Things To Do after a Chula Vista Car Accident
If you are in a car accident, it is important that you remain calm and do the following 5-things:
- Call the police after your car accident: Your phone call to the police is documentation that the car accident occurred, and the police may proceed with a traffic collision report with the information you will need to file an injury claim against the driver. Read More
- Receive immediate medical attention after your car accident: It is very important that you seek immediate medical care so that you receive a complete medical prognosis and injury diagnoses. Read More
- Photograph your vehicle damage after your car accident: This photographic evidence will be used future expert accident reconstruction use. Read More
- Follow-up with your medical care after your car accident: It very is important to complete your medical care to ensure that thorough documentation of your injuries is kept by your medical providers. Read More
- Call an Experienced and Well Respected Chula Vista car accident lawyer.
Ordaz Law, APC | Chula Vista Car Accident
Juan J. Ordaz Jr. provides candid, hardworking and personal legal representation to individuals seeking a Chula Vista car accident lawyer. We help victims suffering from a variety of injuries, who have sustained their injuries through different types of injury producing events. We believe that it is a necessity to represent people who have sustained traumatic and debilitating injuries, and suffered ultimate losses.
Call (619) 550-3617 today so that we may schedule your free and discreet consultation with a premier Chula Vista car accident lawyer.
We are for Justice no Matter Who it’s for or Against.
Blog: Personal Injury
Blog: Chula Vista Personal Injury
Chula Vista Personal Injury Lawyer